Let’s face it, the thought of gardening when it’s so cold outside is Ridiculous. Which is why I haven’t lifted a finger in my garden for at least 2 weeks. However, watching moss build up on the pathways and the number of plants dying increasing, became too much for my OCD. With no rain insight yesterday and no cold winds, I finally ventured out!
- Layers. Oh my goodness layered clothing is a must. I even wore 2 layers of gloves (normal warm gloves under the gardening gloves).
- Warm drinks in a thermos to save traipsing through the house in muddy boots.
- Stuffing your pockets with tissues. If you are anything like me and your nose gets drippy in cold weather, this again will save valuable time going back into the house multiple times!
- Kneeling mats are even more helpful to save your knees getting cold and damp and then sore.
- A squirt of Deep Heat prior to going out, on your joints that tend to get sore especially in cold weather. For me it’s my lower back.
- Promising yourself treats when you complete your time outdoors. A long hot shower and an alcoholic beverage certainly made my time out there even more worth while!
Truth be told, once I got outdoors, it was really nice! The autumn colours are beautiful and there is also that distinct smell of autumn that is lovely. Hauling yourself off the warm couch out into the cold, is worth it 🙂